Whakapapa Village, on the slopes of Mount Ruapehu, is the centre of activity, both summer and winter, when visting the World Heritage Tongariro National Park. Many walks begin at the Village which is home to the Park Information Centre.
Skotel, New Zealand's highest hotel, is nestled in the tussock at the upper end of the village. A unique base for sport, sightseeing or relaxation.
- 19 deluxe and 11 standard rooms, 5 self contained chalets
- Licensed restaurant, house bar and conference facilities
- Spa pool, sauna and games room
- 10 minutes from New Zealand's largest ski field
- Ski hire, lift tickets and transport
- 20 minutes from the world famous Tongariro Crossing walk, horse trekking and rock climbing - return transport available
- 30 minutes from Tongariro River