Downtown Backpackers is located in Wellington's historic art deco Waterloo Hotel, a former high-class hotel chosen for the Queen's 1953 Coronation Tour. Directly opposite railway station, the closest hostel to trains, buses, interisland ferry, close to Parliament, stadium, city and Te Papa, Wellington's fabulous Museum of New Zealand.
- Ensuite bathrooms - almost every room has its own bathroom or shares a bathroom with one other next to it.
- Single and double rooms come made up with sheets, duvets, towels and guest soap
- Share rooms are mainly four beds with a few sixes
- A fully equipped self catering kitchen with microwave, instant gas cooking, walk in cooler, pots, pans, cutlery etc
- Great showers with unlimited instant hot water
- Central heating
- Games room with 3 pool tables and the latest video games
- A great bar with a primo sound system and top music, big screen TV, karaoke and drinks at backpackers prices