Len and Maree Earl recently refurbished Cheltenham House, to share with guests as bed and breakfast accommodation. Built in the 1930s for the daughter of one of Hanmer's early settlers, the bungalow-style residence remains essentially a home. The Earls have lived with their family in North Canterbury for many years and know the area well. Their gentle labrador and sociable siamese add to the friendly touch you'll find here.
One of the special features of Cheltenham House is the breakfast, served informally, at your leisure. In the evenings Maree and Len like to spend time with their guests, offering some great local wines.
Cheltenham House has six spacious suites, each facing the sun and beautifully decorated in rich colours. Two open to private sunrooms. Two are situated in the extensive garden.
- Superking (2), Twin Queen (1), Queen plus single (1), Queen (2)
- 5 ensuite bathrooms; 1 private bathroom with facilities for the disabled
- Luxurious woollen duvets & underlays, electric blankets
- Tea & coffee making facilities, TV
- Fridges and mini bars
- Toiletries and hairdryers
- Central heating in all suites
- Off street parking