A little about myself.
I'm a fifth generation New Zealander. I was brought up on the family farm on the banks of the Rakaia River in the Rakaia Gorge where both salmon fishing and fly fishing were family passions.
I've been a keen fisherman for over 30 years so I know our local region well. The 2002-03 fishing season will be my 6th season as a professional guide.
I specialise in sight fishing for the brown and rainbow trout that inhabit the rivers, streams, and lakes of our local area. And also in up river salmon fishing which is an added bonus when fishing in this area.
There are few greater pleasures than to stalk our magnificent trout amongst the peace, solitude and majestic scenery of the Southern Alps. New Zealand is indeed a paradise for both fly fishermen and fly fishing guides alike.
- Superb fly fishing
- Guided fly fishing tours are customised to meet client's preferences
- Multiple day tours include free transfers from Christchurch Airport. (You can be fishing within an hour of arriving)
- Free transfers mean you don't need the extra expense of a rental vehicle while fishing.
- You have the choice of a full range of accommodation.
- Multiple day tours include a jet boat trip into a less accessible location.
- You also have the option to have a day or two salmon fishing.
- Each day we will fish fresh water, and explore new country.
- A guided fishing tour provides a good introduction to the fly fishing styles and methods used in New Zealand.
- I have a range of rods, waders, etc. for your use as needed and can also supply fishing licences.