There has been a hospital on site here since the early 1900s, when Burwood Hospital was a fever hospital. Its focus as a Rehabilitation Hospital began after the First World War and has continued to this day.
Today it is a thriving service with over 500 staff, 150 beds and outpatients services.
Orthopaedic elective surgery
Regional spinal services acute, rehabilitation and surgery which covers Hamilton south to Invercargill
- Brain injury inpatient and outpatient services for patients with a traumatic brain injury and those stroke patients under 65 from Canterbury and the West Coast.
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation services
- Pain Management Centre with referrals coming from West Coast, South Canterbury and Canterbury.
- Cardiac Respiratory Rehabilitation Service
- Low vision clinic
- Community Paediatric Therapy team