Taupo is a resort town at the north east end of Lake Taupo, New Zealand's largest lake. The lake and its tributary streams and rivers are stocked with large fighting rainbow and brown trout.
The Karaka Tree Motel is situated at 216 Lake Terrace (State Highway 1) across the road (100m) from Lake Taupo, New Zealand's largest lake (600sqkm), world renowned for trout fishing. From the motel we have views of the lake and World Heritage Tongariro National Park.
- 24 units - studio, one and two bedroom
- All units equipped with a private mineral pool
- All units non-smoking
- All units feature kitchen facilities with microwave and fridge
- Direct dial phone, Sky TV, electric blankets, hair dryer, radio
- Guest laundry, off street car parking
- Room breakfast service
- Local attractions: Trout fishing, jet boating, bungy jumping, sky diving, parasailing, white water rafting
- Visit Huka Falls and geothermal areas
- 90 minutes drive to ski fields